FAMILY BUILDING ACTIVITIES
1. Tell your children how you and your spouse met and where you went on dates.
2. Plan, and then take a vacation together.
3. Memorize portions of the Bible together.
4. Each Parent should write a special note to each child every month and put it in a place the child will find it unexpectedly (like in their underwear drawer).
5. Pick a night each week in which no TV in the house will be turned on. Use that time to read a classic book (such as “Heidi”) to the Children or to put together a picture puzzle.
6. Pray as a family FOR each other and WITH each other each day.
7. Eat Supper together as a family at least two nights each week, Designate a different person in the family each week to pick the menu for one of these meals.
8. Say POSITIVE things about your church and its leaders to your family each week.
9. Spend a night looking through old photos and putting them in albums
10. Do something as a family for someone in need.
11. Have a question and answer time as a family at least once per month
12. Call or text your husband, wife, or children sometime just to say “I am thinking of you and hope you are having a good day”.
13. Praise your spouse or children in their presence to someone else.
14. Have a clean out the closets day and then use the money from the family yard sale to do a family voted on activity.
15. Make sure each person in your family knows how to become part of God’s family.
16. Give each family member a hug for 21 days in a row (That develops a habit)
17. Sit together as a family in church
18. Go out to breakfast as a family one Saturday each month
19. Compile your family tree and teach your children the history of your ancestors
20. Write your testimony and place it in the family Bible so it is available to everyone.
Your family will work if you work with your family. Make it a priority.
O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! (Deuteronomy 5:29).