THANKERS WHO THANKED
Rev. Mike Jones
Someone once prayed, “Lord, you have given so much to us, give us one more thing- a grateful heart.” Can you identify these people who gave Thanks to God (Even if sometimes it was for the wrong reason!).
- He gave thanks that he was not like other men.
- He took a cup and gave thanks for his coming death.
- He was healed and returned to Jesus to give thanks.
- He knelt and gave thanks three times a day.
- He gave thanks to God for a blessing so great it was an “unspeakable gift.”
- He thanked God for supplying the material necessary to build the temple.
- He thanked God that God’s truth was revealed to babes.
- He gave thanks when he saw the infant Jesus, knowing it may mean his coming death.
- They sang thanks to God when the temple foundation was laid.
- He thanked God from the “belly of hell”.
- the Pharisee, Luke 18:11
- Jesus, Luke 22:17
- a Samaritan leper, Luke 17:12 16
- Daniel 6:10
- Paul, 2 Corinthians 9:15
- David, I Chronicles 29:9 13
- Jesus. Matthew 11:25
- Simeon (and Anna). Luke 2:25-38
- Priests and Levites, Ezra 3:10,11
- Jonah 2:1, 9