It is a good day to be on the good side of a good God
Rev. Mike Jones
It is a good thing for you and God to “be on the same page”- When a man’s ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him (Proverbs 16:7). Conversely, it is a bad thing when your ways annoy or anger God- They have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched (2 Kings 22:17).
With that in mind, here are 5 things which should be avoided because they displease God
- Holding a Grudge: Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him. (Proverbs 24:17-18).
- Complaining about God’s Plan: And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp. (Numbers 11:1).
- Continuing in Sin: And when the mourning was past, David sent and fetched her to his house, and she became his wife, and bare him a son. But the thing that David had done displeased the LORD. (2 Samuel 11:27).
- Blocking People’s access to God: But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. (Mark 10:14).
- Failing to make Faith in God’s pardon and power your foundation: But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:6).